WhatsApp version 2.16.10 has been released for iPhone and it brings a new major feature that will please a good amount of users. Starting from now on you will be able to ask Siri, the AI assistant, to send messages on WhatsApp.
However, in order for this to function your device will have to run on iOS 10, which has been released a few days ago and it can be downloaded and installed on eligible smartphones.
WhatsApp and Siri on iOS 10
After you update your smartphone to iOS 10, you will have to install the new version of WhatsApp and give permission to Siri to send the messages for us. This is a great feature especially if you are driving, as you will be able to dictate Siri to send a message on a WhatsApp contact without even watching at your smartphone.
It is good to know that the iOS 10 brings Siri support for 3rd party application, so in the near future we will most likely see more applications enabling this new feature.
WhatsApp Version 2.16.10 for iPhone: What’s New?
- When forwarding messages, you can now send to multiple chats at once
- Ask Siri to send WhatsApp messages or place WhatsApp calls (iOS 10+)
- Answer WhatsApp calls right from your lock screen, just like a standard phone call (iOS 10+)
- A new Widget lets you quickly jump to a recent chat or see which chats have unread messages (iOS 10+)
- Chats you frequently contact now appear when forwarding or sharing messages
- A new quick forward button on photos and videos in chats
- When taking photos or videos, double tap your screen to switch between the front and rear cameras.
What are your thoughts about this new feature that has been released on WhatsApp for iPhones that run on iOS 10?