UNH Athletics staff member fired after report of allegations
University police dept. investigating misconduct involving student athletes
According to a statement released by the University of New Hampshire on Monday, March 3, a part-time member of the university athletic staff has been fired relating to "allegations of misconduct ... involving student athletes." An investigation into the allegations by the UNH Police Department is ongoing.
Approximately 10 days ago (from March 3), the UNH administration received notification of the allegations and an investigation by the UNH Police Department immediately ensued. The staff member was placed on administrative leave and was later let go.
There have been no other details released.
The statement reads, "While we cannot talk about the specifics of ongoing police investigations, UNH is cooperating fully with all law enforcement agencies ... The university is providing the affected students with support and has offered counseling to them. We will stand by them as a community and their well-being remains our top priority. We have learned from the experience of other institutions and our own."
The statement does not offer any details as to the nature of the allegations or to area of the athletic department the staffer belonged to.
The New Hampshire attempted to obtain more information from the UNH Media Relations Department, UNH Athletics and the UNH Police Department as well as several individuals. These potential sources either could not be reached or offered no further comment.
The statement concludes: "Our goal and responsibility are to provide an environment where our students have access to a world-class education inside and outside the classroom. Those who do not share these priorities do not have a place at our university. UNH will make our campus community stronger and refuse to allow one person to undermine our work to provide a safe learning environment for our students."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses