UNH faces Albany in AE semifinal
The UNH Volleyball team is preparing to travel to and take on Albany on Friday, Nov. 16 in the America East semifinals at 7 p.m. The Wildcats (15-3, 7-5 conference) are the fourth seed while the Great Danes (13-15, 10-2 conference) are the first seed.
Incidentally, UNH and Albany last squared off for both team's season finale on Sunday, Nov. 11 at Lundholm gymnasium.
After losing the first two sets, the Wildcats fought back with two impressive sets, winning each 25-18. The Great Danes controlled the fifth and final set. Albany won the set 15-11 and the match 3-2.
The two teams also met earlier in the season at Albany, on Oct. 12. The Great Danes won that game, 3-1.
Albany has been the powerhouse in America East volleyball for years. This will be Albany's fifth consecutive hosting of the America East championship, and eighth in nine years. The Great Danes have also won seven of the last nine championships.
UNH has won three America East championships in 1998, 2002 and 2003. All three years the America East tournament was hosted in Durham. Current head coach Jill Hirschinger was also the head coach for all three of those championship teams.
Last year the Wildcats earned the number two seed and faced the number three seed Stony Brook. The Wildcats ended up losing that match 3-1. Then senior Amy Keding was named to the All-Tournament team.
Despite being heavy underdogs in the match, the Wildcats are staying positive and excited for the America East tournament.
"Our biggest goal right now is to win conferences, to do it as a team," junior captain Morgan Thatcher said. "Everyone has a role and a job on this team and as long as we all do that job, we'll be okay."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections