UNH bookstore stocks merch sporting new logo
Since its introduction in December 2013, the new academic logo for the university has been visible all across campus, but it hasn't been present in stores or on UNH merchandise.
The wait is over. Now the UNH Bookstore in the Memorial Union Building is prepared to stack a whole range of merchandise that will feature the new logo by the end of the month.
"We have many items on order which feature the new logo," Molly Partridge, the assistant general merchandise manager of the UNH Bookstore, said. "We are hoping to have these items start shipping around the end of March."
These items will include T-shirts, hats, pennants, mugs and decals.
In downtown Durham, Town and Campus will only be putting one item on the shelves that has the new logo: a stainless steel travel mug.
Town and Campus Store Manager Richard Many said that a lack of the academic logo among store merchandise is nothing new, as that particular logo has never been considered a viable consumer item.
"We tried it once with the old logo, but there was not a lot of call for it," Many said.
Many attributes the low demand to the higher popularity of athletic logos as opposed to the official logo.
"We do sell a fair amount of merchandise that has the seal of the University of New Hampshire," Many said. "It's popular and we sell a lot, but the vast majority of what we sell is more school spirited and related to athletic logos."
The situation is similar at neighboring Hayden Sports, which has no merchandise with either the new or the old logo.
"We've received only three or four requests, mostly from older people, parents, grandparents and alums," Hayden Sports Manager Petra Vopalenska said. "Not a lot of students have asked, so I don't think it's really popular."
Volpalenska said that the requests themselves are for nothing specific, but only for items that feature the new logo.
If there is a lack of demand for such merchandise, even those with the new logo, Vopalenska expects it will remain the same.
"It will be depend on how popular the merchandise would be," Vopalenska said, "but I don't think that it will catch on."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections