UNH bookstore stocks merch sporting new logo
Since its introduction in December 2013, the new academic logo for the university has been visible all across campus, but it hasn't been present in stores or on UNH merchandise.
The wait is over. Now the UNH Bookstore in the Memorial Union Building is prepared to stack a whole range of merchandise that will feature the new logo by the end of the month.
"We have many items on order which feature the new logo," Molly Partridge, the assistant general merchandise manager of the UNH Bookstore, said. "We are hoping to have these items start shipping around the end of March."
These items will include T-shirts, hats, pennants, mugs and decals.
In downtown Durham, Town and Campus will only be putting one item on the shelves that has the new logo: a stainless steel travel mug.
Town and Campus Store Manager Richard Many said that a lack of the academic logo among store merchandise is nothing new, as that particular logo has never been considered a viable consumer item.
"We tried it once with the old logo, but there was not a lot of call for it," Many said.
Many attributes the low demand to the higher popularity of athletic logos as opposed to the official logo.
"We do sell a fair amount of merchandise that has the seal of the University of New Hampshire," Many said. "It's popular and we sell a lot, but the vast majority of what we sell is more school spirited and related to athletic logos."
The situation is similar at neighboring Hayden Sports, which has no merchandise with either the new or the old logo.
"We've received only three or four requests, mostly from older people, parents, grandparents and alums," Hayden Sports Manager Petra Vopalenska said. "Not a lot of students have asked, so I don't think it's really popular."
Volpalenska said that the requests themselves are for nothing specific, but only for items that feature the new logo.
If there is a lack of demand for such merchandise, even those with the new logo, Vopalenska expects it will remain the same.
"It will be depend on how popular the merchandise would be," Vopalenska said, "but I don't think that it will catch on."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!