Police search for two males in Wed. assault
University of New Hampshire Police issued a campus alert Wednesday around 11 p.m. informing students that a male student was assaulted in C-Lot.
According to the alert, the student was "grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground" in an attempt by suspects to take his backpack around 9:15 p.m. that night.
The suspects were described as two white males, both approximately six feet tall and of thin build. One man was wearing a white T-shirt and tan pants; the other was wearing a green shirt and jeans. Both suspects fled the scene toward Mill Road and the Mill Road Plaza.
Chief of UNH Police and Executive Director of Public Safety Paul Dean said that while there was no new information as of Thursday afternoon, the investigation will continue to be "very active."
The email alert sent by police said that the student had minor injuries and did not need medical attention.
Dean added that nothing was taken during the assault and that the suspects "weren't successful" in their attempt to take the student's backpack.
UNH PD will increase patrols on campus and encourages anyone with information to contact UNH Police at (603) 862-1427 or anonymously through their "Silent Witness" program by going to www.unh.edu/upd, and clicking "Contact us," then "Silent Witness."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections