Police search for two males in Wed. assault
University of New Hampshire Police issued a campus alert Wednesday around 11 p.m. informing students that a male student was assaulted in C-Lot.
According to the alert, the student was "grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground" in an attempt by suspects to take his backpack around 9:15 p.m. that night.
The suspects were described as two white males, both approximately six feet tall and of thin build. One man was wearing a white T-shirt and tan pants; the other was wearing a green shirt and jeans. Both suspects fled the scene toward Mill Road and the Mill Road Plaza.
Chief of UNH Police and Executive Director of Public Safety Paul Dean said that while there was no new information as of Thursday afternoon, the investigation will continue to be "very active."
The email alert sent by police said that the student had minor injuries and did not need medical attention.
Dean added that nothing was taken during the assault and that the suspects "weren't successful" in their attempt to take the student's backpack.
UNH PD will increase patrols on campus and encourages anyone with information to contact UNH Police at (603) 862-1427 or anonymously through their "Silent Witness" program by going to www.unh.edu/upd, and clicking "Contact us," then "Silent Witness."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The New Hampshire News Articles
Recent The New Hampshire News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...