Men's Soccer: Wildcats hire alumni to staff
Head coach Rob Thompson of the University of New Hampshire men's soccer program is pleased to announce the addition of two assistant coaches, Logan Hoffman (Drury '09) and Richie Weinrebe (UNH '08).
"I am excited to welcome back two former Wildcats to UNH soccer," Thompson said. "Both Richie and Logan have a history of success here. Their familiarity with me, our program, our institution and the UNH way will be invaluable in our quest for a championship. Both bring a wealth of experience, passion for winning and strong work ethic to Wildcat Country."
Hoffman returns to the University of New Hampshire after spending two years at the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay as the first assistant and recruiting coordinator. While at Green Bay Hoffman played an integral role in helping to rebuild the Green Bay program. Hoffman's efforts in coaching and recruiting helped the Phoenix to a five-win improvement between the 2012 (2-10-4) and 2013 (7-7-3) seasons. Over that same time span, the Phoenix improved their goals scored from 13 in 2012 to 29 in 2013. Hoffman was also deeply involved in fundraising, community outreach, and academic support at Green Bay. He developed several new community programs for the Phoenix such as the Green Bay Futsal Classic, and under his guidance the men's soccer team achieved a 3.0 GPA and the NSCAA Team Academic Award in 2012-2013 for the first time in four years. Hoffman holds a US Soccer Federation "B" License and an NSCAA Premier Diploma. He was also a recipient of the NSCAA 30-Under-30 Award in 2013.
Prior to joining the Green Bay staff, he spent two years with Thompson as a member of the Wildcats' staff. In his first season with UNH, he helped former Wildcat keeper Colin O'Donnell collect America East Goalkeeper of the Year honors and was named an All-Conference First Team selection. O'Donnell finished the 2010 season ranked second in the nation in goals against average, allowing just 0.43 goals per game. He finished first in the nation in save percentage with a mark of .902.
Weinrebe returns to his alma mater after spending two seasons at Southern New Hampshire University. While with the Penmen, he helped the team to a 2013 NCAA Division II National Championship title after they posted a record of 22-1-1 overall and a perfect NE-10 conference mark of 13-0-0. It was the first time SNHU won the national championship since 1989. After falling in the season opener to Post, the Penmen won their next 20 games en route to the NCAA title.
Weinrebe graduated from the University of New Hampshire after a stellar four-year career with the Wildcats where he was a two-year captain of the squad. As a defenseman, he helped the Wildcats achieve a No. 1 overall ranking in New England for just the second time in program history and a No. 23 spot in the national polls. Weinrebe holds a US Soccer Federation "D" License.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections