UNH police holding campus safety talk
The Alpha Delta Phi Literary Society and UNH Police Department will join forces for a free, open-campus safety talk in the Granite State Room of the MUB from 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 26.
"This is the first public campus safety talk," said junior Sean Moreau, the society's risk management chairman. "Our first campus safety talk with the UNH Police Department was last spring, where an officer talked to only [Alpha Delta] Phi members."
As the risk management chairman, Moreau is responsible for obtaining permits from both the police and fire departments for the society when needed. Moreau also plans "educational programming in the area of risk management," such as the campus safety talk.
The talk will be led by Sgt. Frank Weeks and will include an open discussion for questions afterwards. The discussion about campus safety will include navigating campus at night, dispelling rumors of the blue emergency lights, making safety recommendations and discussing the amnesty program.
"We want to inform the community to make sure everyone at UNH feels safe, and to commend the UNH PD for all the hard work they do to keep students protected on campus," Moreau said. "Especially after the tragedy of Lizzi Marriott, we want to educate students on precautions, what to do during emergencies, and how to protect themselves in threatening or dangerous situations."
"We do (campus safety talks) upon request," said Paul Dean, chief of police and executive director of public safety. "This is a fairly routine thing we do on campus in residence halls and with student organizations."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge