UNH police holding campus safety talk
The Alpha Delta Phi Literary Society and UNH Police Department will join forces for a free, open-campus safety talk in the Granite State Room of the MUB from 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 26.
"This is the first public campus safety talk," said junior Sean Moreau, the society's risk management chairman. "Our first campus safety talk with the UNH Police Department was last spring, where an officer talked to only [Alpha Delta] Phi members."
As the risk management chairman, Moreau is responsible for obtaining permits from both the police and fire departments for the society when needed. Moreau also plans "educational programming in the area of risk management," such as the campus safety talk.
The talk will be led by Sgt. Frank Weeks and will include an open discussion for questions afterwards. The discussion about campus safety will include navigating campus at night, dispelling rumors of the blue emergency lights, making safety recommendations and discussing the amnesty program.
"We want to inform the community to make sure everyone at UNH feels safe, and to commend the UNH PD for all the hard work they do to keep students protected on campus," Moreau said. "Especially after the tragedy of Lizzi Marriott, we want to educate students on precautions, what to do during emergencies, and how to protect themselves in threatening or dangerous situations."
"We do (campus safety talks) upon request," said Paul Dean, chief of police and executive director of public safety. "This is a fairly routine thing we do on campus in residence halls and with student organizations."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership