Join us to discuss social media and watch the debate
This Tuesday evening, President Barack Obama and Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney are set to square off in their second debate of the campaign. The debate will begin at 9 p.m.
In the hour before the debate, join The New Hampshire, Patch.com and the UNH Journalism Program in the MUB Union Court for A Social Debate: Obama-Romney 2012.
Beginning at 8 p.m., a panel of local journalists will discuss how social media is changing the way campaigns are run by candidates and covered by journalists. Guests will include Marc Fortier and Dan Tuohy from Patch; Chad Graff, managing editor of TNH; Meg Heckman, former online editor of The Concord Monitor; and Tom Haines, a journalism professor at UNH. There will also be representatives from the Obama and Romney campaigns participating in the discussion.
After the discussion, settle in to watch the debate on the big screen at Union Court.
In sponsoring this event, TNH hopes to facilitate a friendly but spirited conversation about the changing dynamics of politics in the age of information. All members of the UNH and local communities are welcome to join. For those who cannot make it, a live blog of the debate will be held on all New Hampshire Patch websites. Whether you're watching with us in the Union Court, at home or somewhere else, use the hashtag #nhdebatewatch to tweet your thoughts on tomorrow night's debate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections