Join us to discuss social media and watch the debate
This Tuesday evening, President Barack Obama and Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney are set to square off in their second debate of the campaign. The debate will begin at 9 p.m.
In the hour before the debate, join The New Hampshire, Patch.com and the UNH Journalism Program in the MUB Union Court for A Social Debate: Obama-Romney 2012.
Beginning at 8 p.m., a panel of local journalists will discuss how social media is changing the way campaigns are run by candidates and covered by journalists. Guests will include Marc Fortier and Dan Tuohy from Patch; Chad Graff, managing editor of TNH; Meg Heckman, former online editor of The Concord Monitor; and Tom Haines, a journalism professor at UNH. There will also be representatives from the Obama and Romney campaigns participating in the discussion.
After the discussion, settle in to watch the debate on the big screen at Union Court.
In sponsoring this event, TNH hopes to facilitate a friendly but spirited conversation about the changing dynamics of politics in the age of information. All members of the UNH and local communities are welcome to join. For those who cannot make it, a live blog of the debate will be held on all New Hampshire Patch websites. Whether you're watching with us in the Union Court, at home or somewhere else, use the hashtag #nhdebatewatch to tweet your thoughts on tomorrow night's debate.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center
- Sierra Club Calls on University and College Students to Join the People’s Climate March
- College Students Are Signing Up With An Innovative New Social Network