Goumas play rewarded
Junior forward Kevin Goumas of the No. 2 University of New Hampshire men's hockey team was named Hockey East Athletic Republic Player of the Week for the first time this season. In addition, the Wildcats were named Hockey East's Team of the Week, collecting these honors for the second-straight week.
The announcements were made Monday by the league office. This is Goumas' first time receiving the Hockey East Player of the Week honor in his collegiate career and becomes the first UNH player to win this award since Dalton Speelman did so Oct. 15.
Goumas registered seven points over the weekend (3.5 ppg) against a pair of nationally-ranked foes in Colorado. Goumas had a pair of assists in Friday night's 4-4 tie at Colorado College. He posted a career-high five points, including a hat trick in a 6-4 win over then-No. 2 Denver. Goumas had 11 shots on net including nine against DU and was a +6 for the weekend. He leads Hockey East in points and assists. Goumas notched a natural hat trick with all three goals coming in the third period. He scored UNH's fourth, fifth and sixth goals, the game-tying, game-winning, and critical insurance goal to seal the victory for UNH. Goumas ranks first in Hockey East in points (20) and assists (14), while ranking fourth and second in those respective categories nationally.
New Hampshire erased an early 3-0 deficit at Denver to rally for the win.
The team is 5-0-1 in the last six games and has matched its best start in program history with a 9-1-2 mark.
Goumas and the Wildcats play a two-game series with UMass Lowell this weekend. The Wildcats play at the Whittemore Center Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m. with television coverage on WBIN-TV and FOX College Sports Central. The Wildcats will then travel to the Tsongas Center Saturday, Dec. 1 with puck-drop at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge