Goumas play rewarded
Junior forward Kevin Goumas of the No. 2 University of New Hampshire men's hockey team was named Hockey East Athletic Republic Player of the Week for the first time this season. In addition, the Wildcats were named Hockey East's Team of the Week, collecting these honors for the second-straight week.
The announcements were made Monday by the league office. This is Goumas' first time receiving the Hockey East Player of the Week honor in his collegiate career and becomes the first UNH player to win this award since Dalton Speelman did so Oct. 15.
Goumas registered seven points over the weekend (3.5 ppg) against a pair of nationally-ranked foes in Colorado. Goumas had a pair of assists in Friday night's 4-4 tie at Colorado College. He posted a career-high five points, including a hat trick in a 6-4 win over then-No. 2 Denver. Goumas had 11 shots on net including nine against DU and was a +6 for the weekend. He leads Hockey East in points and assists. Goumas notched a natural hat trick with all three goals coming in the third period. He scored UNH's fourth, fifth and sixth goals, the game-tying, game-winning, and critical insurance goal to seal the victory for UNH. Goumas ranks first in Hockey East in points (20) and assists (14), while ranking fourth and second in those respective categories nationally.
New Hampshire erased an early 3-0 deficit at Denver to rally for the win.
The team is 5-0-1 in the last six games and has matched its best start in program history with a 9-1-2 mark.
Goumas and the Wildcats play a two-game series with UMass Lowell this weekend. The Wildcats play at the Whittemore Center Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m. with television coverage on WBIN-TV and FOX College Sports Central. The Wildcats will then travel to the Tsongas Center Saturday, Dec. 1 with puck-drop at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!