Goumas play rewarded
Junior forward Kevin Goumas of the No. 2 University of New Hampshire men's hockey team was named Hockey East Athletic Republic Player of the Week for the first time this season. In addition, the Wildcats were named Hockey East's Team of the Week, collecting these honors for the second-straight week.
The announcements were made Monday by the league office. This is Goumas' first time receiving the Hockey East Player of the Week honor in his collegiate career and becomes the first UNH player to win this award since Dalton Speelman did so Oct. 15.
Goumas registered seven points over the weekend (3.5 ppg) against a pair of nationally-ranked foes in Colorado. Goumas had a pair of assists in Friday night's 4-4 tie at Colorado College. He posted a career-high five points, including a hat trick in a 6-4 win over then-No. 2 Denver. Goumas had 11 shots on net including nine against DU and was a +6 for the weekend. He leads Hockey East in points and assists. Goumas notched a natural hat trick with all three goals coming in the third period. He scored UNH's fourth, fifth and sixth goals, the game-tying, game-winning, and critical insurance goal to seal the victory for UNH. Goumas ranks first in Hockey East in points (20) and assists (14), while ranking fourth and second in those respective categories nationally.
New Hampshire erased an early 3-0 deficit at Denver to rally for the win.
The team is 5-0-1 in the last six games and has matched its best start in program history with a 9-1-2 mark.
Goumas and the Wildcats play a two-game series with UMass Lowell this weekend. The Wildcats play at the Whittemore Center Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m. with television coverage on WBIN-TV and FOX College Sports Central. The Wildcats will then travel to the Tsongas Center Saturday, Dec. 1 with puck-drop at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership