Second arrest made in murder of Lizzi Marriott
A second arrest has been made in the death of University of New Hampshire student Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott.
Kathryn McDonough, 19, of Portsmouth, N.H. has been arrested in connection with the murder of Marriott, the attorney general's office announced on Monday. Officials believe Marriott was strangled or suffocated to death in October. Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover, N.H. has already been charged with second-degree murder in the case of Marriott's death. According to Foster's Daily Democrat, McDonough is Mazzaglia's girlfriend.
McDonough was charged with on felony count each of hindering apprehension or prosecution, and conspiracy to commit hindering or apprehension or prosecution. She is expected to be arraigned in Derry District Court on Wednesday, Dec. 26. McDonough graduated from Portsmouth High School in June of 2012.
Marriott went missing on Oct. 9 after attending an evening class at UNH. Four days later, on Oct. 13, Mazzaglia was arrested and charged with her murder. Officials have yet to find Marriot's body.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The New Hampshire News Articles
Recent The New Hampshire News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer