Hopeless romantic, or just hopeless? Have a stress-free V-Day with these simple date ideas
This Friday the holiday of love will bring to women visions of happiness, red roses and chocolate. But for men, there's the possibility of a loved one angered at the lack of preparation for the big day. Fear not. Here are a few easily-assembled, fun date ideas for around the Durham area.
Although February is a chilly month, downtown Portsmouth is still a romantic area to walk around. Friday's weather forecast predicts around 37 degrees with light snowfall (as stated by The Weather Channel), creating a very intimate atmosphere. The local Starbucks, located in the center of the downtown area, is a great place to bring a girl for a hot drink to warm her up.
To take it a step further, Portsmouth has four-star restaurants such as the Black Trumpet, Library Restaurant, Rudi's Portsmouth and the Portsmouth Brewery. A sit-down, fancy dinner guarantees plenty of time to talk and to get to know a date.
Portsmouth Music Hall
This Friday the Portsmouth Music Hall is having a Valentine's Day special featuring La Dolce Vita. Tickets are priced at $38.25 and include dinner, dessert and a night featuring the Gaudy Baubles and their chanteuse Renee. This is a retro cabaret band that provides entertainment starting at 8 p.m. in the music hall loft.
Surprise Room Picnic
This could be a money-saver but still a very romantic idea for your crush. Surprise him/her in your room with some lit candles (or battery-powered options for those in dorms), a blanket across the floor and grab some take-out or cook food from the Durham Market Place. For extra brownie points, scattering chocolates or rose petals around the picnic adds a loving feel.
Flag Hill Winery in Lee
For all the 21-year-olds on campus, a trip to Flag Hill Winery involves a wine tasting at the largest vineyard in New Hampshire. As it says on their website, "Make Flag Hill a destination to learn how our vodka is made first-hand, taste from a variety of New Hampshire-made wines, stroll through the vineyard, picnic on the grounds, make reservations for a dinner event or browse through our gift shop." With many different things to do at this winery, sipping wine is not only romantic but also very sophisticated.
With these date-night ideas, Valentine's Day will hopefully be a little less stressful and filled with a lot more love.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!