Hopeless romantic, or just hopeless? Have a stress-free V-Day with these simple date ideas
This Friday the holiday of love will bring to women visions of happiness, red roses and chocolate. But for men, there's the possibility of a loved one angered at the lack of preparation for the big day. Fear not. Here are a few easily-assembled, fun date ideas for around the Durham area.
Although February is a chilly month, downtown Portsmouth is still a romantic area to walk around. Friday's weather forecast predicts around 37 degrees with light snowfall (as stated by The Weather Channel), creating a very intimate atmosphere. The local Starbucks, located in the center of the downtown area, is a great place to bring a girl for a hot drink to warm her up.
To take it a step further, Portsmouth has four-star restaurants such as the Black Trumpet, Library Restaurant, Rudi's Portsmouth and the Portsmouth Brewery. A sit-down, fancy dinner guarantees plenty of time to talk and to get to know a date.
Portsmouth Music Hall
This Friday the Portsmouth Music Hall is having a Valentine's Day special featuring La Dolce Vita. Tickets are priced at $38.25 and include dinner, dessert and a night featuring the Gaudy Baubles and their chanteuse Renee. This is a retro cabaret band that provides entertainment starting at 8 p.m. in the music hall loft.
Surprise Room Picnic
This could be a money-saver but still a very romantic idea for your crush. Surprise him/her in your room with some lit candles (or battery-powered options for those in dorms), a blanket across the floor and grab some take-out or cook food from the Durham Market Place. For extra brownie points, scattering chocolates or rose petals around the picnic adds a loving feel.
Flag Hill Winery in Lee
For all the 21-year-olds on campus, a trip to Flag Hill Winery involves a wine tasting at the largest vineyard in New Hampshire. As it says on their website, "Make Flag Hill a destination to learn how our vodka is made first-hand, taste from a variety of New Hampshire-made wines, stroll through the vineyard, picnic on the grounds, make reservations for a dinner event or browse through our gift shop." With many different things to do at this winery, sipping wine is not only romantic but also very sophisticated.
With these date-night ideas, Valentine's Day will hopefully be a little less stressful and filled with a lot more love.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses