Men's Hockey: van Riemsdyk makes jump to the pros
Junior defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk signed a two-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday. Van Riemsdyk, the brother of former Wildcat and Toronto Maple Leaf James van Riemsdyk, becomes the newest Wildcat to enter the NHL ranks.
In his three-year career at UNH, van Riemsdyk posted 75 points (16 g, 59a) in 102 career games.
Despite suffering a season-ending injury against Union on Jan. 18, van Riemsdyk still managed to finish sixth on the team in both assists (19) and points (23), as well posting a +16 rating on the year. Van Riemsdyk notched a point in 16 of his 26 games this season.
In 2012-13, van Riemsdyk was selected as First Team All-Hockey East, posting 8g and 25a on the season. Van Riemsdyk was the highest scoring defenseman in Hockey East that year, being the only blue liner ranked in the Top 20 (No. 15).
Follow Justin Loring on Twitter @JLo_TNH
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The New Hampshire News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit