Men's Hockey: van Riemsdyk makes jump to the pros
Junior defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk signed a two-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday. Van Riemsdyk, the brother of former Wildcat and Toronto Maple Leaf James van Riemsdyk, becomes the newest Wildcat to enter the NHL ranks.
In his three-year career at UNH, van Riemsdyk posted 75 points (16 g, 59a) in 102 career games.
Despite suffering a season-ending injury against Union on Jan. 18, van Riemsdyk still managed to finish sixth on the team in both assists (19) and points (23), as well posting a +16 rating on the year. Van Riemsdyk notched a point in 16 of his 26 games this season.
In 2012-13, van Riemsdyk was selected as First Team All-Hockey East, posting 8g and 25a on the season. Van Riemsdyk was the highest scoring defenseman in Hockey East that year, being the only blue liner ranked in the Top 20 (No. 15).
Follow Justin Loring on Twitter @JLo_TNH
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care