Huddleston to address state of UNH
The 2014 State of the University Address will be held this Tuesday, Feb. 4, in the Granite State Room of the Memorial Union Building. University of New Hampshire President Mark Huddleston will speak about the "challenges, accomplishments and milestones of the past year," as well as about the remainder of 2014, according to the event's website.
Doors are scheduled to open at 12:40 p.m. and the address to begin at 1 p.m. The event is open to the public, according to Jody Record of UNH Media Relations.
The event was originally scheduled for the fall 2013 semester but was postponed and later rescheduled for this spring.
"It's been traditionally in the fall, usually a couple of days after University Day," Record said. No exact reason was given for the change in date of the address.
The previous State of the University Address was held on Oct. 11, 2012; no State of the University Address was held in 2013.
For those unable to attend the address Tuesday, the event will be live-streamed at http://www.unh.edu/president/state-university.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The New Hampshire News Articles
Recent The New Hampshire News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...
- Champagne Diamonds Make Fashion Transitions Pop This Fall
- A Tip About Secondhand Smoke and Asthma
- Save Energy and Money With Home Lighting Techniques
- Former Smoker: You Can Quit