Get your running shoes: Comcast's Watchathon Week allows subscribers to marathon TV shows
"I'm not giving up the prison."
"Dammit Cyril, you said they were sexy!"
What do all of these phrases have in common? Absolutely nothing, except that all this week the shows from which they come are free to watch on Xfinity On Demand (the quotes were from "Game of Thrones," "The Walking Dead" and "Archer").
It's Watchathon Week 2014 and, for the second year in a row Comcast subscribers will have free and instant access to current and past seasons of TV shows from 48 premium, cable and broadcast networks. Watchathon Week runs from March 31 to April 6, giving you 168 hours to watch all your favorite shows. Given that this year's event has over 5,000 episodes from more than 130 series, you may have to triage what you want to watch.
"Watchathon Week is TV nirvana for every type of fan," Matt Strauss, senior vice president and general manager, video services for Comcast Cable, said in a press release. "Whether our customers decide to catch-up on current shows their friends have been talking about all year, or see as many different past programs as possible, Watchathon is a free, all-you-can-watch feast for the binger in all of us."
Marc Goodman is the director of public relations at Comcast and said that Watchathon Week was overwhelmingly popular last year, and for 2014 they are focusing on making it bigger and better.
"Personally, I'm a fan of 'Veep' and 'Californication' and 'The Walking Dead,' and [I'm going to] re-watch 'The Sopranos' and relive my favorite moments from the show," Goodman said. "The new season of 'Veep' starts in April; it's a great way to catch up on it."
In addition to the shows already mentioned, some of the other shows available this week include "House of Lies," "The Wire," "Dexter," "Downton Abbey," "Suits," "Bates Motel," "The Sopranos" and "The Newsroom." Goodman said that a great thing about the event is that viewers can easily watch the expanded list of shows on their computers and mobile devices, and not just on their TVs. In addition, the event will host a bunch of social media events to connect and engage viewers, such as #Watchathon and e-cards.
"What's great [about Watchathon] is that it's free, it provides incredible selections of shows, let's you discover new shows and full seasons of shows already enjoyed," Goodman said.
Audrey Terrien is a freshman at UNH and says she likes to binge-watch TV shows.
"I usually just go on Netflix or watch it in the dorm," Terrien said. "[I watch a] bunch of different shows, like 'Dance Moms' or 'Pretty Little Liars;' basically anything you can find on TV through network."
Terrien said that she will give Watchathon Week a try and that she wants to get into the show "New Girl."
Alyssa Holland is a junior and says she is a traditional TV viewer; she watches her shows on a television and watches a lot of it.
"[I like] pretty much anything, I like from 'House of Cards' to the Kardashians," Holland said.
Holland said she would definitely partake in Watchathon Week and looks forward to re-watching some old shows.
"If they brought back some old 'Laguna Beach,' I would watch it," Holland said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR