Wildcats busy prepping for Harvard
The University of New Hampshire volleyball team will take on Harvard Tuesday, Sept. 18 before hosting Providence Saturday. Sept. 22 for their first conference game. The team is currently in Washington, D.C. for the George Washington Invitational, sporting a 5-6 overall record.
Harvard, with a 2-4 overall record, is facing-off with Connecticut Friday night. The Wildcats will serve as Harvard's final tune up game before the start of their conference play at Dartmouth Saturday, Sept. 22.
The Harvard Crimson defeated the UNH Wildcats 3-2, on Sept. 13, 2011 at Harvard. Morgan Thatcher, named Eastern Conference Athletic Conference Division I player of the week, had 14 kills, while Jansan Falcusan, a captain two years running, had 60 assists.
The Wildcats were 2-15 in non-conference games last year. This year's squad has already best that mark with a 5-6 start to the season, despite a young team.
The Wildcats have seven freshmen out of their 15 players. Four other members are sophomores, with just two juniors, Thatcher and Destiny Tolliver, and two seniors, Falcusan and Jessie Schnepp.
The Wildcats have one other non-conference match, which will be played against Dartmouth on Sunday, Sept. 23, the day after the Providence game. Dartmouth and UNH did not play each other last year. Dartmouth currently stands at 1-5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!