Wildcats busy prepping for Harvard
The University of New Hampshire volleyball team will take on Harvard Tuesday, Sept. 18 before hosting Providence Saturday. Sept. 22 for their first conference game. The team is currently in Washington, D.C. for the George Washington Invitational, sporting a 5-6 overall record.
Harvard, with a 2-4 overall record, is facing-off with Connecticut Friday night. The Wildcats will serve as Harvard's final tune up game before the start of their conference play at Dartmouth Saturday, Sept. 22.
The Harvard Crimson defeated the UNH Wildcats 3-2, on Sept. 13, 2011 at Harvard. Morgan Thatcher, named Eastern Conference Athletic Conference Division I player of the week, had 14 kills, while Jansan Falcusan, a captain two years running, had 60 assists.
The Wildcats were 2-15 in non-conference games last year. This year's squad has already best that mark with a 5-6 start to the season, despite a young team.
The Wildcats have seven freshmen out of their 15 players. Four other members are sophomores, with just two juniors, Thatcher and Destiny Tolliver, and two seniors, Falcusan and Jessie Schnepp.
The Wildcats have one other non-conference match, which will be played against Dartmouth on Sunday, Sept. 23, the day after the Providence game. Dartmouth and UNH did not play each other last year. Dartmouth currently stands at 1-5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus