Wildcats busy prepping for Harvard
The University of New Hampshire volleyball team will take on Harvard Tuesday, Sept. 18 before hosting Providence Saturday. Sept. 22 for their first conference game. The team is currently in Washington, D.C. for the George Washington Invitational, sporting a 5-6 overall record.
Harvard, with a 2-4 overall record, is facing-off with Connecticut Friday night. The Wildcats will serve as Harvard's final tune up game before the start of their conference play at Dartmouth Saturday, Sept. 22.
The Harvard Crimson defeated the UNH Wildcats 3-2, on Sept. 13, 2011 at Harvard. Morgan Thatcher, named Eastern Conference Athletic Conference Division I player of the week, had 14 kills, while Jansan Falcusan, a captain two years running, had 60 assists.
The Wildcats were 2-15 in non-conference games last year. This year's squad has already best that mark with a 5-6 start to the season, despite a young team.
The Wildcats have seven freshmen out of their 15 players. Four other members are sophomores, with just two juniors, Thatcher and Destiny Tolliver, and two seniors, Falcusan and Jessie Schnepp.
The Wildcats have one other non-conference match, which will be played against Dartmouth on Sunday, Sept. 23, the day after the Providence game. Dartmouth and UNH did not play each other last year. Dartmouth currently stands at 1-5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More tnhonline News Articles
Recent tnhonline News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR TNHONLINE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST TNHONLINE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care