UNH student charged with two class B felonies
Portsmouth Police detectives arrested a University of New Hampshire student on Wednesday, Sept. 25, as part of an ongoing investigation into the illegal use of computers and the possible sexual activity involving a minor under the age of 16.
Julio Gleske, 30, was charged with two class B felonies: one count of certain uses of computer services prohibited and one count of felonious sexual assault. The arrest and charges came after a search Wednesday at Gleske's residence, 126 Penhallow St., Portsmouth, N.H.
The search was part of an investigation that was conducted by detectives assigned to the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) task force, according to the press release.
The press release stated that the mission of this task force is to "protect the State of New Hampshire's children through the continued enforcement of laws designed to prevent the manufacturing and distribution of child sexual abuse images."
Gleske has been released on bail and is scheduled to be arraigned on Oct. 21 at the Portsmouth Court.
"In complying with FERPA [Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act], I can tell you that Mr. Gleske was a UNH student and is not currently a student," Erika Mantz, director of Media Relations at UNH, said of Gleske's current status at the university.
Dean of Students Anne Lawing said that this federal regulation, FERPA, "prohibits disclosure of any student's educational record without the student's consent."
Gleske was a staff member at The New Hampshire, but no longer works for the publication.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The New Hampshire News Articles
Recent The New Hampshire News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NEW HAMPSHIRE NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?