Vailas to start in home opener
Sophomore QB to get start in place of injured Sean Goldrich
Published: Friday, September 14, 2012
Updated: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 15:02
- McDonnell said the team struggled the most on special teams in Minnesota, in particular on punt and kick coverage. McDonnell said they have addressed those shortcomings in practice.
- Matt Evans is eight tackles away from holding the second-most career tackles in UNH football history. He currently has 352. Steve Doig (1978-81) holds the number one spot with 434 tackles.
- Chris Houston and Nico Steriti both expressed their excitement to be back in “the dungeon” (Cowell Stadium) on Saturday in front of family, friends and alumni.
- Houston noted that the team is “ready to make a statement.”
- McDonnell is 10-3 in home openers and is on a seven-game home-opener win streak.
- UNH, ranked currently at No. 18, is in its 115th straight week of being ranked in The Sports Network FCS Top-25 College Football Poll. This is the second longest streak in the nation behind Montana, which is at 195 weeks.