WhatsApp Download For Samsung (May 2018) With Outdated Android Version
You might have been wondering for the longest time how you should be able to download WhatsApp for your Samsung mobile device. Well, it isn’t that it is impossible to do, but this should concern you if your Samsung device is a bit outdated.
Surely, there is a way to work around issues such as this one. But, you should know that WhatsApp doesn’t support Wi-Fi only devices. So, if your Samsung Galaxy doesn’t have a slot for SIM cards, then you don’t need to download WhatsApp, instead you can use the Internet browser on your device to open up WhatsApp Web for you.
Other than that, downloading WhatsApp on your Samsung device is as easy as can be. Just follow the quick steps presented below.
- Go to the home screen of your Samsung device and tap Play Store.
- From the search bar, just search for WhatsApp and from there you will get a pop-up that auto-suggests the results of your query.
- Tap the one on the list which comes with a logo.
- As the app opens, tap the Install button.
- Just accept the agreement that WhatsApp requires you to confirm before you can install the app.
After the app has been downloaded, you will be notified through the Notifications panel that you can access on top of the screen of your Samsung device.
Older Samsung devices also can get WhatsApp via APK file download. Just visit the link whatsapp.com/android from your mobile device or via your computer. Tap the Download button on the version that should be compatible with the device you are trying to install the app.
If you have downloaded the APK file from your computer, it is necessary that you copy it to your mobile device. However, you need to enable Unknown Sources from the Settings -> Security -> and then tick the button to the right to turn it on. Just don’t forget to turn it off after successfully installing WhatsApp on your older Samsung device.