Though Google Earth is not such a new release, there still are some features many people don’t know about or don’t know how to best use them. And if you think about it, it is indeed amazing that you have the chance to get a bird’s eye view of the Earth from anywhere you are.
You can travel virtually, without paying any money. But what’s even better is the fact that it’s free, and it’s value for education or entertainment is huge.
However, many people don’t know that there is a Pro version of Google Earth. This costs $399 a year, which might be quite a lot, especially if you don’t really need a Pro version of this tool. The good news is that now you can get it for free!
Keep in mind that even if the words “free trial show up in the URL, you will see that they no longer require you to sign up in order to use this tool. But here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the installer. You can find it on the official Google page.
- Run it.
- Sign in with your e-mail address. The address will stand in as your username too.
- Add the license code GEPFREE.
Now you are ready to use Google Earth Pro like a pro! If you’re still wondering why you should do this, the answer is that it comes with some pretty neat features:
- Movie-Maker. It lets you export QuickTime HD movies at a 1920×1080 resolution.
- Pro data layers. Includes traffic count, parcels and demographics.
- Circle measure, measuring land developments or parking lots with a polyon-area measure.
- High-res printing. Lets you print images with maximum 4800×3200 resolution.
- Importing spreadsheets. Introduce up to 2500 addresses at once, use style templates and place marks.