In January, Microsoft has added 19 new Backwards Compatibility games for Xbox One owners and now, the company has just announced the list of games with Gold February 2017, which can be downloaded on both Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles.
Microsoft has an Xbox One Backwards Compatibility program that allows Xbox One players to download or install via disc Xbox 360 titles and play them on the newer console. The full list of 19 new Backwards Compatibility games for Xbox One included:
- Stuntman Ignition Stuntman: Ignition;
- Mad Tracks;
- Rocket Knight;
- Shadows of the Damned;
- Alice Madness Returns;
- Midway Arcade Origins;
- Mutant Storm Empire;
- Tekken 6;
- Beat’n Groovy;
- Mega Man 9;
- Mega Man 10;
- Battlefield 3;
- Battlefield Bad Company 2;
- Dragon Age Origins;
- Ghostbusters The Video;
- Scrap Metal;
- The Splatters;
Tomorrow, more games are expected to be confirmed by Microsoft’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb on Twitter. Gamers hope that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will make its way to the Backwards Compatibility list, but the good news is that the program was recently expanded with TEKKEN 6, Midway Arcade Origins and Mutant Storm Empire.
Fans who already own Backwards Compatibility titles will see them in their games and apps list. These games can be also bought digitally from the Xbox One store and Xbox website.
As for the Games with Gold February 2017 lineup, the list includes:
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (available until February 28 on Xbox One);
- Project Cars Digital Edition (available between February 16 and March 15 on Xbox One);
- Monkey Island 2: Special Edition (from February 1-15 on both the Xbox 360 an Xbox One);
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (from February 16-28 on Xbox 360 and Xbox One).