The Gmail app is a secured email client that provides convenience and reliability to billions of users online. However, it goes without saying that some problems may come to a number of people. Here are things that you can do to fix these issues as they come along.
Forgetting the Password
You can reset your password if you have forgotten it. However, it is not that easy because it requires authentication.
- Just go to the Account Support Page.
- You only need to follow the instructions, wherein you would be asked to confirm that it is really your account.
- Then you would be able to reset your password. Simply choose a password that you have not used yet with this account.
Somebody Else Might Have Used Your Account
The first option to reset your password might be able to solve this dilemma, but it is also important to protect your account at all times. Here are steps that might help you with it.
- Visit this link https://security.google.com/settings/security/secureaccount
- You need to add recovery options if you want to get back into your account quickly in the future. Simply visit this link https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/183723 if you want to learn how to set up options for recovery.
- You might also want to use a 2-Step Verification for another layer of security to be added to your account. You can do this by following this link https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839
- If you are using Gmail, make sure that you check forwarding settings and filters. It is important to secure your email, as you might unknowingly been forwarding messages to an email address you haven’t set up.
It is very important to note that securing your Gmail account should help you avoid any issues in the future. Thus, setting up your email app correctly is essential to ensure that you are getting what you deserve.