Is it your first time to own a Samsung mobile device? If so, it might take more than just a moment to get familiar with the set up process. One of the things that you need to take care about are the email accounts, contacts, and the apps that you might have gotten so familiar with from the previous device.
Good thing is that most of the apps that you would use are cross-platform applications, compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile devices. One particular app that can be installed on your Samsung mobile device without any trouble is the WhatsApp Messenger app.
WhatsApp supports older devices running Android 2.1 and later, which should be able to receive calls or messages during verification. However, Wi-Fi only devices are not supported by WhatsApp, which include some tablets.
Here are some of the things that you might find useful when installing WhatsApp.
- Select Apps from the Home Screen. If you are using a Samsung device, you should find the shortcut for the Apps on the homepage. Simply tap on it to proceed to the next step.
- Select Play Store. You should find the app named Play Store after you tapped the Apps shortcut. This will help you find WhatsApp from the multitude of apps out there.
- Enter WhatsApp from the Search Bar. You might be familiar with searching for apps from your previous mobile device. So, you only have to type the name WhatsApp and a number of suggestions will automatically pop up. You simply have to choose the first suggestion by tapping it.
- Tap the Install Button. You will then be brought to the app’s homepage. However, you need to make sure that you have enough memory on your device. If you have an older device, chances are that you need to delete apps that you might not use often. You also can move them to the SD card if you prefer.
- Tap the Accept Button. If you think that you have ample space on your memory to install WhatsApp, then go ahead and tap the Accept button located on the lower right of the screen.
- Tap the Newly Installed App. After downloading and installing the app via the Play Store, you will be notified from your notifications bar that you have successfully installed the app. Simply tap on it to begin using the app at your convenience.
If you want to use the old account on WhatsApp, you just have to login to your newly installed app. This will enable you to restore the old contacts and the messages that you might have previously shared with your friends.
Installing WhatsApp on Samsung devices that are dated might require you to download WhatsApp APK file from a reliable website on your computer, and you can transfer the app on your device via USB cable. From there, you will be able to install the app, but you need to activate a particular option. Simply visit Settings > Security > Unknown Source, then tap the box beside it before installing the app. Just make sure to deactivate this option after installing the APK file.