The latest Telegram version that has just been released for Android devices is 3.18.1 and it can be downloaded and installed on your mobile handset right away. The application allows you to send end-to-end encrypted messages to your friends.
We have to mention that the application is also focusing on multiplatform and privacy, which means that it is not available only for Android OS, as it can also be used on devices that run on iOS, Windows Phone or even on desktop platforms such as Windows or macOS. The application also comes with a self-destruct messaging feature, which will make a message disappear after a set time. Using Telegram, you can also share videos and photos of maximum 1.5GB, which is quite impressive.
The Telegram application is run by a non-profit organization from Germany, backed by a Russian entrepreneur and philanthropist named Pavel Durov. The application is using the same verification process as WhatsApp, meaning that you will receive a SMS or call on your mobile phone number, which you will need to insert in order to get verified.
Telegram 3.18.1 For Android: Features
- One of the fastest messaging applications on the market;
- It can seamlessly syncs across all your devices;
- Ability to use group chat and sharing features;
- Send messages using the minimum bytes 100% free and without any ads;
- Your privacy is kept safe and the developers of the application will never give third parties access to your data.
Telegram 3.18.1 For Android: How To Install
- Download the Telegram 3.18.1 APK file from the internet, but make sure to verify the website from where you want to download it;
- Since the application has been downloaded from a third party source, you will need to enable the “Unknown Sources” feature from your Android’s Settings->Security;
- Once the “Unknown Sources” option has been enabled, just go to the location where you’ve saved the Telegram 3.18.1 APK and tap on it to start the installation process.