Mojang has released a new minigame called “Glide” for the Minecraft: Xbox One Edition and Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. The minigame has been released with only a single map, but the developing company has promised that it will add more in the near future.
According to reports, some of the new maps will be free, but for others you will need to purchase them separately or get the “Glide Season Pass” directly and the maps will be added to your game automatically once they are released.
The first paid pack will be named “Glide Beats” and it will be released on the two consoles for $2.99, but you can purchase the Season Pass for $9.99 and get all the Glide maps that will be released in the future.
“Glide Beast” is inspired from mythology and it comes with three maps. You will be able to choose from ancient fossils to dodge yetis in the inspired map “Yeti” or fly along with the fire-breathing reptiles in “Dragon” map. The third map is called “Kraken” and it allows you to fly straight past the terrifying beast and watch it as it takes on two ships.
The new patch also comes with some bug fixes and other minor improvements. Below we will give you a few details about the new Minecraft patch that has been released for Xbox One and Xbox 360:
- Glide Beasts Track Pack (Yeti, Dragon and Kraken maps) has been added;
- New Glide music tracks for the new Glide Tracks have been added;
- Glide is now requiring you to pass through all Checkpoints before reaching the finish line;
- Glide Solo Mode can now be played for longer before being automatically returned to the Lobby;
- An issue that was causing the spectator to not hear Glide ring or thermal sounds has been fixed;
- An issue that was causing the Glide round timer continuing ticking while the Pause Menu is displayed in Solo Mode has been fixed;
- The respawn delay in Glide has been decreased;
- An issue that was causing the damage sound to be repeatedly played at the end of a Glide round has been fixed.