There is no official VidMate download for Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 yet, but this doesn’t mean that you have to miss the app on your computer. You can actually download the app and install it via an Android emulator. Here are the details on how you can download and install VidMate.
- Download the most recent version of an Android emulator called BlueStacks from your computer.
- Install the app after downloading on your Windows operating system.
- Once the installation is done, you have to open the app and search for the keyword VidMate.
- Take note that a lot of suggestions will appear on your screen, just like what you expect on an Android device.
- Click on the app when you found a match.
- After the installation, you will now be able to download or watch any video streaming online using your Windows PC.
Before you download BlueStacks or any other Android emulator to your PC, take note of the system requirements. This will ensure that your Windows 8.1 PC wouldn’t get into some issues, which can lead to unexpected results.
- At least 2GB of RAM is necessary to run the app on your PC. If your computer is running too many apps on the background, then perhaps you will need more RAM to do it altogether at once.
- The app itself is not that bulky, but you still have to allocate at least 4GB of free disk space when you want to use an emulator to run smoothly on your Windows 8.1 PC.
VidMate is a versatile app, but you have to remember that you are only running from an emulator, so things might be a bit different from time to time. It is not a guarantee either that you can have 100% satisfaction when you run apps on a different platform because they are specifically designed for a particular operating system. Well, so far, users of Windows 8.1 and later have been satisfied with their decision to install VidMate on their computer.