There are tons of problems that may affect your Gmail using experience, but a minute number of people know how to address it. If you’re trying to avoid certain problems like unwanted or spam email, there are several things you can do to stop them before they hit your inbox. What can you do?
Block The Individual Addresses
If you get unwanted email from a particular email address, you can block the address.
- Go to Gmail, and open the sender’s email.
- Click on the arrow-down icon on the right-hand side of the email.
- Click “Block” to block them from sending emails.
When emails come in from that sender, they are moved to the “Spam” folder. If you block someone but want to unblock them, you go through the same steps to do so.
How To Successfully Unblock An Address
- Open your Gmail and hit the Settings button on the right-hand side of the Inbox.
- Pick the Settings Option and go to Filters and Blocklist tab.
- You’ll need to click on “Unblock” to unblock the person you want to get emails from again.
Filter Your Spam Messages
One of the simplest ways to stop getting spam emails is to use the Spam filter on the Gmail account. How do you do this?
- Click the arrow down button on the search box. A window appears that lets you input information about what messages to filter.
- Pick the “Create Filter With This Search” button, which is found at the bottom of that window.
- Choose the action you want to set for the messages you choose, by clicking on the right box.
- If you deal with spam messages, you’re told to hit the “Delete” option.
- After that, you hit the “Create Filter” button to stop seeing so many spam messages in your inbox.
Report Any Spam Messages
There may be times that your spam filter won’t work, and if that happens, you can hit the Report button in the email. Hit the arrow-down button in the email and hit “Report Spam” Keep in mind that messages marked Spam are sent to the “Spam” folder.