Among the gifts you received last Christmas was a $100 Visa gift card but two months into the new year, that gift card is still lying around in one of your drawers hoping to see the light of day soon. But did you know that your gift card can be spent towards those items you’ve been eyeing on in Amazon?
If you’re thinking, how do you redeem Visa gift card on Amazon, here are some answers:
First thing’s first: here are some rules about your Visa gift card:
- This card has no expiration of funds, it is non-reloadable and every card shipped is ready to use.
- You can use this card only in the United States only either in stores or online where a Visa debit card is accepted. You cannot use your Amazon.com balance to buy Visa gift cards.
- This card is not eligible for refund or return.
- Never provide any details to anyone you don’t know, especially the claim code. There are a lot of gift card scams online where people trick you to pay using your Visa gift card so they can get your claim code, so make sure you ready Amazon’s warning on these scams carefully. And do not give out the claim code on visa gift cards to just anyone. This is basically giving away your gift card, so protect the claim code and really only give it to the merchant you want to give the credit to.
So, here’s how you can redeem your Visa gift card on Amazon.
Think of your Visa gift card as a credit card with a $100 balance. To make sure that you get to use your card’s value even if you lose it, here’s how you can transfer your funds into your Amazon.com account where you can use it automatically on your next purchase:
- If your card isn’t activated yet, call the number on the sticker in front of your card. That same sticker will also tell you if your Visa gift card is already pre-activated.
- To check the balance on your Visa gift card, call the number indicated at the back of the card to hear the remaining amount. You can also check your balance through a URL provided on the card.
- Sign in to your Amazon.com account and go to Accounts>Lists>Your Account. Check your current balance at the top of the page. Click Gift Cards then choose view balance or redeem a card. You may be required to sign in for a second time for security purposes.
- To reload your balance, click Reload Your Balance then enter the current balance of your Visa gift card. Below that box is a “Payment Method” section where you’ll see the option to “Add a card” at the bottom part. Enter all the information like you would with a credit card. For the card’s name, it could be “Gift Card Recipient,” “A Gift For You,” or “Especially For You,” and it’s usually indicated on the card itself. Fill out the rest of the information needed and select the new card added to your account as your payment method if you will make a purchase.
Now that you have your Visa gift card added to your account, you can already start shopping on Amazon and use it towards your purchase. One last thing: don’t forget to thank the person who gave that card to you.