Mobile messaging has definitely changed the way we communicate today. From just simple text messages, messaging apps now feature voice and video capabilities that make communicating a lot easier and of course, cheaper. This is why it’s no surprise that the number of mobile phone messaging app users is expected to reach 2.48 billion by 2021, according to Statista.
If there is one name that continues to reign supreme in the world of messaging apps, it has to be Facebook Messenger. With Facebook being the most popular social network platform in the world, it’s natural for Facebook Messenger to be the most downloaded messaging app, especially in the United States where it was downloaded 2.3 million times in the Apple App Store alone.
Now if you’re one of those who love using Facebook Messenger, here’s how you can read archived messages on Facebook Messenger:
Finding Archived Messages
Did you accidentally archive an entire conversation on your Facebook Messenger? Relax because you can still get that conversation back by following these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account and click on the Messages icon at the top of the menu bar.
- Once the dropdown appears, click on “See all in Messenger” at the bottom and choose “Settings, help and more” located at the top left corner of that page.
- Select Archived Threads to see all conversations that you archived. To put the conversation back to your current list, you just need to send another message to your recipient and it automatically un-archives the conversation.
If you’re using your mobile device, on the other hand, here are some steps to follow:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app and search for the name of the person you shared the archived conversation with on the Search bar at the top of your screen.
- Once you click the name of that person, it will automatically lead you to the conversation thread that you accidentally archived with all the messages there.
Viewing archived messages on Facebook Messenger is actually easy. Whether you’re using your mobile phone or computer, you can follow the steps provided and instantly see message threads you already thought were deleted accidentally.
Since we’re on the topic of archived messages, here are some tips that will help you archive messages properly on Facebook Messenger:
- Log in to your account and click on the Messages icon at the top of your screen. Choose “See all in Messenger” from the dropdown page and click on the messages that you want to archive.
- Click the Settings icon beside the profile name of the person whose message threads you want to archive and simply choose the Archive button.
- This action instantly takes those conversations to the archive folder.
With Facebook Messenger being such an important tool today, it’s definitely smart to learn all about the tricks that make using it more fun and easy. From knowing how to read archived messages to archiving them properly, these skills will surely come handy any time.