You’ve been using WhatsApp for as long as you can remember. In fact, it’s your go-to messaging tool for both your personal and business needs. This is why you’ve accumulated several messages through the years and now that you’ve decided to switch from an Android device to an iPhone, you’re a little worried that you would lose all these messages.
The good news is; there are several way to transfer your WhatsApp messages from your Android phone to your new iPhone:
Transfer messages using email chat.
One of the most commonly used methods for transferring WhatsApp Android to iPhone is through email chat. This is especially useful if you only need to transfer a few conversations to your new phone:
- Launch WhatsApp, go to “Settings” and click “Chat Settings.” Choose “Email Chat” on the dropdown list.
- Select the history or conversation that you want to transfer and a pop-up window with this message will appear: “attaching media will generate a larger email message.” You can choose either “Without Media” or “Attach Media.”
- Type your email address and click “Send.” Then, log into your email on your iPhone. The only downside to this is that you can only view those WhatsApp messages on your email account and not on the app itself.
Transfer messages using WhatsApp Backup.
If you want to see all your WhatsApp messages on the app itself, you can use the WhatsApp Backup method:
- Backup your WhatsApp messages on your old Android device. Then, launch the “Settings” and choose “Chat Settings.” Choose “Email Chat” from the dropdown list.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android phone and download it on your iPhone. Once it’s installed, log in to your existing WhatsApp account using your original phone number. You should see a pop-up window that informs you that backup messages were found.
- Once you receive the backup, you can start restoring it on your iPhone by simply choosing the “Restore” command. This will automatically transfer your WhatsApp messages to your iPhone. It may take some time for the process to finish, especially if you have a huge file, so just leave it until it is completed.
Transfer messages using restoration tools.
You can also find several apps and software that specializes in transferring apps from one device to the other. For instance, dr.fone is an app that lets you transfer WhatsApp messages to just about any device with only a few clicks. After downloading the app on your computer, all you need to do is connect your Android and iPhone devices, choose Restore Social App>WhatsApp>Transfer WhatsApp Messages. When both devices are detected, just click “Transfer” and the tool will automatically migrate your WhatsApp messages from your Android device to your iPhone.
With all these options available for you to use, you don’t need to worry about losing those precious WhatsApp messages that you’ve accumulate through the years just because you’re upgrading to an iPhone. So, get the transfer process started and see which method works best for you.