BlackBerry Messenger, or BBM, remains a popular choice for instant messaging for loyal fans of BlackBerry. But the growing popularity of WhatsApp would make anyone, including loyal Blackberry users, to want to test the platform, for whatever reason.
But you have to admit, having several options for instant messaging is an advantage. It can widen your contact list to include non-BlackBerry users, eliminating limitations to free-flowing conversations.
How to download WhatsApp for Blackberry
- Make sure your BlackBerry meets the minimum requirements – Blackberry OS 5.0 or above, and Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) or Blackberry Enterprise Service (BES).
- Visit BlackBerry World and search for WhatsApp in the Apps list.
- Download the app like you would any other apps. Wait for the download to complete and installation to follow.
- After installation, open the application and then set up your account. WhatsApp works through your phone number and will automatically detect it. You don’t need to create a username and password.
- Add people to your contact list voice by searching and adding those who are also using WhatsApp. The app itself will point you in the right direction.
You can also download WhatsApp for Blackberry from the product page, but you’ll need to use a Blackberry browser. If you don’t have any, you can set “Browser Identification” to “BlackBerry”. Under Browser, go to Options > Browser Configuration > Browser: Internet Browser.
Once done, save setting and refresh the page.
What’s the fuss all about?
WhatsApp has some great features that are still lacking in other messaging service. A major feature is its end-to-end encryption that keeps calls and messages secure until it reaches the intended recipient.
- Allows photo, video, and document sharing
- Voice Messaging with just a tap
- Non-stop conversation between two or more devices. WhatsApp for Windows, anyone?
So download WhatsApp for BB10 or other BlackBerry models now.