Many people got confused when Messenger was first introduced by Facebook back in the day. In fact, they were confused as they would be required to install a second app in order to access Messenger inside the main Facebook app.
If you don’t have a Facebook account and you would want to use Messenger, then you don’t have to make one. Here are some tips on how to use Messenger without using a Facebook account.
- First thing is that you need to download and install the free Messenger on your device. You can do this from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- You can now launch the app after successfully installing the app on your device.
- Then, choose the “I don’t have a Facebook account” and click “Continue”.
- Tap “Continue” once again when prompted about Messenger to send you a verification code via SMS.
- You simply have to enter the phone number and tap “Continue”.
- In the event that your mobile device will not be able to pick up the code automatically, then you have to enter it manually.
After all the instructions, you may now have the Messenger app on your mobile device. But, you may have to take notice that Messenger will ask for your permission that you allow it to collect logs of previous calls or texts.
In a recent update, 3 users of Messengers have filed a suit against Facebook regarding its behavior of collecting logs of texts or calls from the clients. The suit was filed in the federal court of Northern California.
This suit was related to the privacy concerns that Facebook has reportedly violated. Facebook even acknowledged that it began uploading text and call logs from mobile devices running the Android system in 2015.
Nevertheless, only the people who were able to give appropriate permission for Facebook to use the logs were affected, as acknowledged by Facebook itself. So, users who opt out of the data collection will not be included.
You can access Messenger online, but you may need to use the offline mode in order for other contacts in your phone will not be able to know that you are available for chatting. But why bother logging in the app when you don’t want other people to know that you are online after all?
A lot of people may have been concerned about their privacy as Facebook might steal information and could be listening to conversations from each user every now and then. Moreover, others are concerned that Facebook could be recording videos from people from their cameras, since it has sought permission to do so.
However, this is not the case for Facebook, as it doesn’t intend to take advantage of some privacy issues that most people are scared about. After all, it is already clear that Facebook would ask permission to be able to access private information from willing users only. Otherwise, you shouldn’t bother downloading and installing the app in the first place if you are so doubtful that your private information would be stolen nonetheless.